Monday, November 10, 2008

Perspective is a crazy thing

I was a little discouraged Saturday night. I just didn't feel like I communicated well. It's such a miserable feeling when you did your best but it feels flat. I left feeling like I was unclear, scattered, and messy.

But I watched in again just to try to identify where I missed it. To my surprise, it didn't seem as bad the second time.

I don't know if God covers up my messes, or if my perspective was off. But God is so kind to me, that I suspect that somewhere between delivery and watching it again, He made it better.

I know- it sounds crazy to you. But I like to think of it that way. He is so good to me, and He could easily do it, right?

Sunday morning, the 9:15 service seemed amazingly better! And at the 11:15, God did a special thing, where he turned that message into a salvation altar call, with more than a dozen responses. It was a very holy moment as I prayed with people who were confessing sin, turning from the past, and getting a fresh revelation of God. It was unbelievable and powerful.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:46 AM

    It has to just be your perspective... or else God intercepts the thought you think are jumbled BEFORE they reach my ears... I'm always touched in a very personal way by your words. Often I feel you wrote the words just for me on that particular day, and I don't know how you do that! Oh wait - yes I do know how you do that. :)

    ReplyDelete