Saturday, November 15, 2008

funny fundraiseing ideas by Brenda

Brenda Bartels sent me some funny fundraiser ideas that she came up with. I LOVED these!

1.  You know how bikers like to ride for charity, well, how about you get together a gigantic group to tour Amish country.  Then contact the Amish guys and see if they'll pay even more for you all to stay home!

2. More common:  you hear a lot about coaches, principals, etc who honor a fundraising milestone by shaving their head.........never mind, that would be kinda pointless.
(Sorry, I know, that was just mean) Maybe if Marv or Jeremiah did it.  NO, actually head shavings freak me out.

3.  My favorite idea:   Sitting in the 11:15 service, I notice a lot of tattoos creeping over collars and snaking out of sleeves. Sooo.....how about a TATTOO-A-THON!! Yes, now everyone in the congregation can be decorated for a good cause!  I hear there are now temporary inks to be used for those not willing to make a total commitment.  The artist could use Christian symbols or Bible verses (a favorite of the more timid: "Jesus wept").  It would be like face painting for adults.  We could even do face painting for the kids.  The YWCA actually did something similar last week, a night about India, featuring Indian cooking and the art of henna drawing on hands (this looks cool, I had a few students in the past that came in from some Indian holiday or wedding with these designs all over their hands.) How you would go about doing all this I have no idea, I am just providing the inspiration.
Hope that doesn't make the system crash again!

4. NO I wasn't going to suggest mud wrestling, but , hey, what about melted chocolate wrestling?
Chocolate.........chocolate........sorry, lost my train of thought.
 

1 comment: