Thursday, November 13, 2008

new levels and new realities

I am feeling so stretched right now...again. My comfort zone is very destroyed and very, well... uncomfortable.

Not that it's a bad thing. I need to be stretched and I need to grow up again, and take on new levels of challenges. I have so much to learn, and am eager to learn it.

This week had been full of organizational meetings. In fact, some of the meetings were so organizational that it made my head hurt and my stomach churn. I sometimes imagine myself getting better at being an organized thinker until I get in one of those. One four hour session left me feeling like I would throw up. I honestly did not think I was capable of getting nauseous over anything, but especially over something I thought I was growing in.

Nevertheless, the stuff we are organizing, is amazing! I am thrilled the potential to raise the water level of faith in our community, and equip church to plant new churches. I am thrilled with the ability to reach out beyond our borders, and connect with new believers in Jesus, as well as reconnecting previous members of the body of Christ.

I think what the Holy Spirit is teaching me right now, is how to deploy and bless my team in their gifts.  It's hard for me to imagine that there are people who thrive on this stuff, but then it is also very exciting that some do... Because if I use my gifts, and they use their gifts, we can rock the world together.

It's not a new concept, I know. But learning to live it out is new to me on this level.


1 comment:

  1. Come on with the world-rockin' and knee-knockin', faith stretchin' fun!

    ReplyDelete