Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Re: Nepal Trip Update

Friends,

Our first day of ministry in Kathmandu, Nepal, has just come to an end. Johannes preached for 3 hours, I did 1.5, and Walter, Johannes' man in Bulgaria, taught for an hour.

Preaching jet lagged is about 10 times harder. Listening to someone else preach when your body is screaming to you about it really being 4 in the morning and you should be sleeping, is harder still. I had to get up and walk to stay awake, and even then was not confident that I could do it.

But we got it done.

Johannes showed us where everyone is sleeping- in the Sunday School rooms of the host church. There was simply not enough money to buy everyone hotel rooms, so they are sleeping on the floor of the Sunday School rooms- about 15 to a room. Johannes insisted that he would sleep with them last night, and equally insisted that we would not.

Tomorrow should be about like today. But Wednesday, Johannes said that we would be sent out on an adventure for God. He said I am going with him, and if he gets thrown in jail, I am going in there with him too. He was kidding about the jail part.

I think.

Thanks everyone for praying with us and for us. I appreciate your kindness so much. A great big thanks to all who invested financially in this trip as well. May God bless you in a special way each day that we are here. I am asking Him to open the windows of financial blessing on you as well.

That is economic HIS bailout plan. Granted, it cost him more than 700 billion (the life of His boy was involved), but it's free to us. And I am praying it on you who sacrificially gave.

I love and miss you-all so much.

Gerry




No comments:

Post a Comment