Tuesday, October 07, 2008

about elected leaders

A new leader gets a blank slat of sorts. our expectations are high and our ideals soar.

But no leader can live up to that.

I love this President. I know not many supposedly do right now. He doesn't defend himself well, or even seem to care to try to defend himself. I sometimes wish he would, because I think there is a lot to like about him, and most of the stuff they blame him for is spoiled-brat Americana, where we wine and complain about everything that isn't easy.

I think sometimes that America thinks it is her God-given right to win every war easily, face every economic problem handily, and rest easy in our safety nets. If some leader does not deliver our God-given right to easy life, liberty to do whatever we feel, and the pursuit of laziness, we get bitter quickly.

I hear that the majority of America think that George W. Bush has done a bad job. This seems to be because we believe things should be easier every year than it was last year.

Really? So we are mad because life didn't fall into our lap easily lately?

I know this President isn't perfect. I think that is what bothers most of us a lot- we want to hold our leaders to impossible ideals, and get angry easily if said leaders doesn't perform flawlessly. He did not accomplish all of our favorite goals, so lets stamp our spoiled little feet petulantly, and demand that he be replaced.

But he is a man of character, and honor. He stopped partial birth abortions, and appointed conservative judges. He stood up to evil and confronted it, even when it wasn't entirely popular and unanimously agreed upon as to how to do it.

I sure wish SOMEBODY had the guts to stand up and call America ungrateful, and point out the good. I wish someobody would call us on our whining about how the war should have been easy and over within 6 minutes. And without controversy or any area where people could possibly disagree.

God give good people a voice!

1 comment:

  1. You keep putting my feelings that I don't understand into words...you do it so well.

    ReplyDelete