Sunday, October 05, 2008

a call from a friend

Tonight I received a call from a friend, who asked me to do something I crave to do, but rarely get to do.

He wants to talk with someone about how we might strategize the Kingdom of God taking over in America.

It's really rare to find someone who wants to talk about that.

Not that we don't all want to make a difference. Or that we don't believe that we will ultimately win when God personally takes over in a Book-of-Revelation type scenario at the end of time.

But it is so rare to find someone to want to discuss how it might happen, and whether or not we can be part of catalizing (there, it's my new word, meaning "to cause something to happen") it into existence. Perhaps we don't ultimately believe it is possible, or that it is out of our reach, or that we have no options except to plod along, hoping for SOMETHING to occur that could move it forward.

Whatever the reason, I have a craving need to find people to talk to about it. I feel really small and not nearly the leader that is needed to make this happen. But neither can I let it alone. And God stirs my soul unbelievably when the idea comes up.

So what would our world look like if we once again had a majority of people attending church, loving God, healing from their past, becoming visionary, and choosing healthy lifestyles?

It wouldn't even have to be 50%. Just a growing faith community would be enough. Winning instead of losing, growing instead of shrinking, would be enough to radically change everything. Momentum in the right direction would change everything!

I have been in meeting with some gutsy visionaries who were dreaming about the body of Christ growing 5%. That is how serious this is- we dream wistfully of tiny little growth numbers!

Not many people exist who even honestly dream of doing more than diminishing less rapdily.

And I am no better. I have little vision in my soul. That is, I don't honestly know that I have any ideas of how to get it done. I have tried a lot of things that didn't work, and a lot of things that work a little.

But by the grace of God, we desperately need something that works A LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment