Thursday, October 16, 2008

my weakness for details

Something about my brain, does not love planning details.

Today again, I came out of the planning sessions for our possible upcoming building campaign, and I felt like a person who had been run over by a truck. And then run over again.

Vision excites me and makes me feel alive. I love dreaming about what could be, and thinking about how it could get done. But the details that go into getting it done, often make me with I had never thought of it.

I need some new and better way of thinking about these meetings, so that I can weather them better. I need to go into them with some thought, or approach that makes it possible to live through them and even thrive on them. Today was something I don't want to live through again, and since I need to be in these meetings, I will need to figure out a way to handle it better.

I am still loving the Harvest Cry event, because I am not in the planning meetings! If I was in the meetings, I'd probably end up hating the whole event. I feel like I need to figure out why I am affected this way so that I can practice some new approach to them.

It's not my favorite part of me.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing God has put some detail people close by you. By all means, be the visionary and we'll do the details!

    ReplyDelete