Friday, October 17, 2008

leadership ideas shared by Dary Northrup of Timberline church, Colorado

Today I was in a training group for Pastors of larger churches. But these principles that Dary Northrup taught, are not about the size of the church, or about Pastoring. They are about relationships. I thought they were great ideas, and things I would like to learn better:

1. Assume that people like you; it s a self fulfilling prophecy in many cases. The opposite belief (most people will not like me) also tends to come true many times.

2. Do not think tired. Stop repeating over and over how tired you are. It makes it worse, and multiplies the resulting issues.

3. Be fully present. Stop doing things halfway. Be fully IN the things you chose to get involved in, or have to be part of.

4. Learn to pull rather than push. Lead people by getting ahead and pulling them toward you, not be getting behind and pushing. Everyone hates to be pushed.



2 comments:

  1. Love it. Thanks for sharing that. I feel really bothered by all 4. I have so much work to do in the area of relationships. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually been working on 3 & 4 without even realizing it.

    The first two, (especially 2) I really needed to hear. I was just telling people how tired I am, and in detail why I am so tired. Mannnn...

    ReplyDelete