Friday, October 24, 2008

Nepal Pastor's seminars are finished!

It's Friday evening here in Nepal. 5:09 pm here, but 7:30am for you! It is always interesting to me that the end of our day is your beginning. Getting ahead of you people is not easy, but I finally did it! (lame joke alert)

Our seminar for India Pastors is over. Many of them headed home tonight. Some leave in the morning. A number of them have more than 4 days journey home, but bus, train, and whatever else they have to do. Some of them Pastor multiple churches, and as far as I can tell ALL of them plan to plant multiple churches yet this year.

As we prayed over them, God gave prophetic words, healings, and the healing of tears. A quick story: "Pastor Saybastian" told me that he had pain in his hip. It has hurt for 4 years. Two nights ago we prayed and he says he did not feel any pain at all since then. He was ecstatic!

As a team, we have survived some heavy stuff. We were rebuked for cultural insensitivities, and struggled to know which (if any) issues we should confront. So far we are all healthy, happy, and feeling as if we came and delivered what God sent us for.

Tomorrow I am preaching in a local church. They said 2000 people will likely attend this service. Then we should have about about a day to rest before we have to get on an airplane. I am so ready to be home, as I always am. My body may be here, but my heart stays in Gettysburg, with my favorite people on earth.

Thanks for being my friends,

Gerry

1 comment:

  1. I miss you all so much! I can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete