Wednesday, October 29, 2008

facing my own giants

Everybody else's challenges seem easier than our own I guess.

So I am back from Nepal, and facing a few of my own giants.

We have carefully reviewed many options. Either a church keep challenging itself to grow, or it dies. Churches were built to build people, not just comfort them. Freedom Valley is no exception.

We have explored a lot of options on how to move forward. The bottom line is, after all of those options have been explored, it seems like the time is right to double our sanctuary space, so that we can continue to expand our ability to change lives, build families, and make the world a kinder, more excellent place.

Sunday night, I meet with key leaders to talk about why I think this is the time, and this is the way to reach our world more effectively. I want to hear from our leaders and have us seek the heart of God together, and move forward.

There is a lot at stake for us. I'm looking forward to the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment