Wednesday, October 22, 2008

day two in Kathmandu, Nepal

From the Kathmandu Team: Clay, Joe, Amber, Charity, and Jake-

We had a wonderful day here in Nepal, except for the terrible news that Joe and Vicky Cooper lost a wonderful nephew- Officer David Tome. Our hearts and prayers are with you in your grief.

Johannes' teaching first thing this morning, rocks my world as it usually does. Then I taught for about 3 hours, and we prophesied over each Pastor. Lana sent me a word that we would be shaping the leaders who changed nations, and I heard that a lot from the Holy Spirit as we ministered. We heard stories form a few who had their churches burned down more than once. For one of them it was his house that was burned down twice- because his church is in his house- about 50 people!

Terri Close also sent a word that she felt tremendous power when she prayed for us today. I felt it too, Terri. Thanks so much for praying and sending your prophetic words. Many of you wrote me, and each one meant more than I can say. It's like you are sending me injections of Jesus, and I crave them more than I crave breath.

Tomorrow we will teach, then do an ordination of 30 Pastors! Then we will hit the streets, two by two to heal the sick, cast out devils, and win souls. Johannes said "we will do crazy stuff. You stick with me Gerry, and we will get in trouble together" Angels quaver when he talks like that. Gerry does too.

Tonight we sat together until late (it's 11pm) talking about how to win nations to Christ. I am so small, and my faith ideas so puny when it comes to these things. Please pray that God will give me some ideas that could win more of the 9 million unchurched Pennsylvania residents who do not attend church. And some ideas for Armenia, and for the Dominican Republic. I need some kind of plan that raises my faith a notch or two above the pathetic line.

Please, please promise me that you will pray with me for that. I can't even stop weaping as I write this.

Thanks you all for being my partners. I feel like I need you so badly. This life changing gospel is so precious and so life giving, and we are reaching so few. But your prayers and partnership give me heeps of courage. Thank you so much.

Today I got a detailed account of your church staff meeting yesterday morning. As I read it, I was hit with one HUGE thought- I have an absolutely unbelievably incredible team of leaders working with me. Marvin, you are becoming superb at leading when I am out- even better than when I am there I suspect. Jason, Jeremiah, and each team meber- you are really outstanding people doing such outstanding work. I feel like I owe you more hugs than I ever give. You-all who read this- hug them for me today, will you? They are incredible people- completely dedicated to serving you to their last breath.

I love you all.

Gerry

No comments:

Post a Comment