Thursday, February 05, 2009

Looking for one brave church to get it started

So far, Harvest Cry and the subsequent church planting project, are well into the planning stages. I have 12 incredible area churches that have expressed interest in being involved. Most of them will be at Bethel Sunday night to meet Johannes. All of them seem interested in partnering with us to reach our community.

Here at Freedom Valley, God has supplied about 7 leaders that are exploring whether they should plant a church.  I am asking God to show us 8 more, and I feel fairly confident that I will get them. Tomorrow night some of them are already meeting to encourage each other, share ideas, and discuss how to move it forward. It is the beginning of a series of such meetings. Very exciting stuff.

Yet, so far I think I do not yet have one area church (out of the 12 supportive churches  mentioned above) that has expressed definite interest in parenting a church plant. I am somewhat surprised by that.  But I understand that it is a scary thing the first time.

There will be one courageous church that will get it started. Others will follow if there is one.

Lord, let there be that one.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. J and I were talking about this today. I'm excited to see the way God's plan unfolds...

    ReplyDelete