Saturday, January 31, 2009

How to get lucky, healed, and generous

I'm not sure that I ever saw this stuff quite so clearly. Proverbs 3 really helps me see it.

Like, How to live a lucky life, favored by 'the gods', where things sort of lean you way and you get more than your share of breaks. Proverbs 3:3 spells it out. Luck ("favor") is not about circumstances that just happen. It actually comes from two character qualities- loyalty and kindness. If you are a person who has become loyal, and deeply kind, luck starts happening your way. I can become lucky on purpose!

That really helps me.

And I have been in those places after a deep hurt where I felt I would never be whole again. I have often been tempted to think that all I needed to heal, was time. But I was wrong- and many times time only deepened the hurt! But vs. 5 and 7 give me clear (if not always easy) steps for how to find my way back to emotional health when someone or some devil tried to steal it away. "Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, ...distrust everyone else, even your own self!" (My paraphrase)

In Proverbs 3, I found how to get enough money to share, how to feel loved by God, and how to get respect. It shows me specific steps so that I can diagnose and fix what is missing so far in my journey to change the world in a good direction! I am no longer waiting for good things to just happen in their own good time. I can make them happen!

All of these things are things I NEED to accomplish the vision that God put on my heat for 09. I am eager to get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment