Saturday, January 17, 2009

This weekend; Dreaming God's Dream!

This weekend is the scariest, most powerful, most community changing sermon material I have been given by the Holy Spirit in a long time. Maybe ever.

Because it is one thing to preach a subject well. It's quite another to live it.

2 days ago, I was almost hyper-ventilating with the scope of what God has instructed us to do this year. I love that He asked us, but sometimes, I confess, I wonder about His judgement in asking ME to have anything to do with it.

Not that I don't trust the power of God. It's that I don't trust my flesh. God is so powerful, huge, and well able to do this stuff without me. The part that scares me is my penchant for messing things up, and forcing Him to do stuff without me. You know, like if He can't trust me to stay the course, or to hang on when life gets scary.

SO here we go- Dreaming God's Dream. I get the feeling that this could be the best ever.

God, help me not mess up what you want to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment