Thursday, February 26, 2009

Motorcycle therapy

I cannot get on my motorcycle without thinking of my friend Jonas Beiler. He used to tell me about how his motorcycle provided the finest therapy known to man, and that some people could get a lot of help riding.

I always laughed at him, and told him he was justifying his hobby.

But then, 10 years ago or so, Julie's uncle sold her his bike. One day I decided to ride it. I had not not ridden for more than 20 years. I was hooked. I told Julie soon after,  that I everybody I meet comments about how I am grinning every time they meet me on the road on that bike.

It happened again today. On our way to Florida, we pulled into the Florida Welcome Center and unloaded our motorcycles. 2 miles later, I noticed it again- I was grinning from ear to ear! Prayer is better, thinking is sweeter, and life just completely takes on a better hue. I used to think it was the wind in my heair that did it... but the lack of hair alters that theory significantly. Yet the grinning persists.

I've had about 4 hours of 'therapy' today. I feel so much better. And the 79 degree day yieldeda touch of sunburn to boot.

God loves me.


2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous!

    I still have never been on a motorcycle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss my convertible.

    ReplyDelete