Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The path forward has a lot of backward in it

So our Sunday night multi-church event with Johannes at Bethel was a powerful night in my mind. I was very excited and felt like God is moving us forward significantly.

Today was a little less fun. One friend suggested that my vision is completely wrong headed. Another said he is too busy to help.

I am too sensitive. I first felt hit in the gut, like the wind was knocked out of me. I had a hard time getting anything done.

But after some time to think and pray, I feel much better. Why should they get excited about what God called me to do? Why should I expect them to love it, go along with it, or think highly of it? My call is my call and I intend to try to be faithful to my little thing, no matter what they choose to do. It's often somewhat lonely being true to the thing that is ours to do, and it's easy to look instead at what everybody else ought to do. 

God help me not do that.

3 comments:

  1. Gerry. You're seriously awesome. Keep at it. I happen to LOVE what you're doing. You've got guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word. This is exactly how I feel sometimes. I believe God will reward us even more for pushing through these trials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha- I love the title of this entry, Dad. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete