Saturday, June 06, 2009

when prophecy hits a brick wall

Sometimes when I preach, I can feel the spiritual resistance in a big way.

Tonight was like that, especially at first. I was feeling led to start the service with a prophecy that I felt the Holy Spirit give me as I prepared the sermon "Something Big", our first installment of the Harvest Cry series. As I prophesied, I felt such resistance in the spirit world. 

I believe that the resistance I felt,  only made each word more important and powerful. It's an honor to be resisted by certain enemies, sort as if they felt my preaching was worth resisting.

I went ahead and preached the service. At the end, two sweet young ladies came up to ma and asked if I would help them know Jesus. We prayed to receive Christ, and while they repeated that powerful prayer and received forgiveness of sins, eternal life, and Jesus as their Lord, big tears rolled down one of their faces.

So here is the prophecy God gave me:  

This summer will literally and completely change our community by helping specific people in it. Because of the work we do in the month of June, suicides will be averted, diseases reversed, and eternal life secured for many friends and neighbors. Haters will be turned into lovers. Useless, helpless drug users will be turned into productive citizens, and their drug dealers will search for jobs. Divorce bound marriages will be healed. Fathers will be restored to their children. Jobs will be created as users become contributors, and addicted personalities are set free. Angry, out-of-control men will find the ability to love as they allow love into their own hearts. This will change everything!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud to call you my Pastor. I'm so excited to see what God is going to do this summer and the years to come. This is only the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with that prophecy and I'm praying that it all becomes reality. This next week will rock what we know to be true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am coming EXPECTING to be healed of fibromyalgia, i put up with it long enough, it is leaving

    ReplyDelete