Wednesday, June 03, 2009

pure oxygen

Something happens to me in a room full of church planters. I get so pumped up about the future of our nation, that I can hardly keep myself under control.

It is the opposite of what happens when I watch the news, even though I am a news junkie, and watch it a lot!

I am currently spending two days at Church Planter's Boot Camp in Pittsburgh. When I am around church planters, I get a deep and powerful hope for America. There is hope for our future, and hope for our children because of these people. 

This morning we read a lot of the Nehemiah story in our boot camp devotions. This guy had the courage to believe God for a future for his nation, even though they had destroyed themselves through sin, and God himself had seeemed to give up on them. God then used Nehemiah to raise that nation back up.

These church planers are like that. They believe that God will use them to create great cities, restore people into their God-given dreams, and build a furutre for America again.

Lord help us get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment