Thursday, June 04, 2009

my heart is full

In an hour I leave for our son Evan's graduation!!!! How good is that? Evan is our third child, in case any of you don't know.

This afternoon I participated in Jim "Pappy" Strauss's funeral procession, led by 60 Harley's. Even Julie rode with me in the driving rain! Can't say either of us liked the rain much, though. Pappy was a motorcycle chaplain. I think I met at least 15 people he personally led to Christ through his motorcycle chaplaincy. I hear there are many, many more.

This week I was at Church Planter's Boot camp in Pittsburgh with about 10 of my people (2 teams). We have about 10 or more new churches to be planted in the next year, and boot camp helps so much! They spent a week in prayer, planning, and organizing with the help of a bunch of us Pastors who have already done it. Good stuff. I hope to hold another one here in Ol' Gburg in November. I feel so hopeful for America when I am with these new up-and-coming churches.

This week God gave me so many great connections, ideas, and details for our call in building the Kingdom. My heart is so full.

I am an action oriented person. If it's not moving, I have a hard time sitting still for it. I am hard wired to be about action. But I am slowly learnning something. A`leader must do whatever it takes to keep his heart full of faith and in his main role. My main role are vision and believing the future into existence. I need to invest in a lot of this week's kind of stuff to keep that hot and stay on the track God called me to be on.

Gerry


No comments:

Post a Comment