Sunday, March 01, 2009

about the newest baby

I held one of God's babies in my arms today.

At least that's what it felt like. I visited Connection Point Community church, a new church that we had the privilege of helping get started.

To be honest, we helped very little. But we are the official sponsoring church for it, which I count a huge privelege. Steve and Tracy Wulf are excellent leaders, and the church had what somebody thought was a record attendance of probably more than 60. Not bad for a couple of months old.

Steve preached an incredible message about David and facing your personal giants. I was very inspired, and very fed. Not only is Steve a great personal friend, but also a real man of God and somebody I admire greatly.

I hope to plant a lot more churches like this one. The best church plants (in my opinion) are where new believers are brought into the Kingdom, not just people being moved around. Steve put together a great team, raised the money, and launched out into the scary future of church planting, believing that God would help him bring new followers of Jesus into the family.

This one felt like an incredibly good looking, healthy, exciting, talented new kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment