Saturday, January 26, 2008

a decision about building

I think I finally made a decision about our next building projects. Let the second guessing ensue.

I believe the next building projects for Freedom Valley should be doubling our current sanctuary, bringing it to 600 seats or so (some think 800), and building a therapeutic riding arena.

There was a lot of discussion for the past several years, about whether or not we should go ahead and build 1500 seats in a whole new facility, and all that. I can't wait to get to that step, but it seems to me that the next step would best be an addition to our current facility.

Of course, all of this could change when we consult the engineers and do the actual studies on feasibility. This is just my current thinking on what would be a faith stretching move forward in the mean time that could be built fairly quickly (this is another assumption that may not stand the test of time), and could get us a lot farther down the road until we are ready for more.

The next steps, I believe, is for our wonderful building engineer, Angela Becker, to get some groundwork done on these things and order the feasibility study. Hopefully in the next month or two we will know a lot more.

I hope to get started even sooner than that with a plan to raise the money. Our current idea is to sell the 5000 square feet one at a time for $100 each, hopefully making it possible to build in cash.

Oh God, direct our steps, as I believe you have up to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment