Saturday, January 05, 2008

church tonight

Tonight was something different.

I thought I was preaching a sermon about Jesus leading by servant hood.

But it turned into an altar call for salvation, with men responding. The new guy from the Freedom House (moved in today) started it off. Mitchell was gloriously saved, repenting of sin and accepting Christ as his Lord and savior. He told me later that he thinks God already called him to be a missionary.

Then others came, several weeping their eyes out. A couple who openly told me that they are wildly hooked on drugs came. She had just had a baby which was taken away from her because of the drugs they found in the baby's system. She was weeping uncontrollably, as God forgave her sins and started her toward being a new person. They had been brought by Maria, a lady who came first (and received Christ) about a month ago, on prison release. Maria brought about 10 new people tonight and I think ALL of them responded to the altar call.

There were so many others. God did a big thing among us tonight.

I think it was no accident that a lot of prayer happened in that sanctuary before the service tonight. I believe the day is coming when our weekend services will be preceded by a major Saturday afternoon prayer service, which will lead into some great breakthroughs in our TV recording, our weekend fruitfulness, and especially in the power of that Saturday night service.

I am unbelievably excited about the "Year of fruitfulness and multiplication". I believe God is up to something awesome here. Thank you Father for letting me be part of it. Please help us be a good steward of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment