Tuesday, November 06, 2007

elections and kids on skateboards

God, I'd like your opinion on a couple of things.

Should I want to win this New Oxford Boro Council election today, or not? I've rarely been so double minded about anything. I guess James would suggest that I shouldn't expect God to do anything for me on it. I haven't even figured out how I feel about that.

But I gave my word that I would run, and I did. I hated asking people for votes. But I did it. I should know any minute if I won, I guess, according to the Evening Sun's website. I guess these new election machines are quick.

The last couple of days as a Boro Council president have not been fun. I think we should allow skate boarders to skate on our side walks and they (my fine citizens) do not. In fact, they seem to think that allowing them would be about the same as inviting hundreds of known murders to walk around our town every day and evening. They seem to think that makes me the chief murderer.

I think it makes me a lover of kids, and a kind and responsible adult. I honestly think they wish kids not to be present in town. Period. They get in our way, and trouble us by using our sidewalks for, dare I say it... fun!

May God forbid.

I don't even know if the battle is worth it. They have one strong argument; if someone gets hurt skateboarding on the sidewalk outside my house, I guess they could sue me! I would hate to lose my house over it, but I also hate to turn my town into a kid-unfriendly place.

No comments:

Post a Comment