Saturday, January 02, 2010

emotional adjustments

I have enjoyed the process of dreaming and developing new churches. It is what I live for, and was put on this planet for.

But this morning, about 6 am, we returned from helping Shawna, Jake, and Evan move to Tulsa for the Freedom Valley Tulsa plant there.

I could not be happier. Jason Fitch and his team have an amazing plan. They have researched and read tirelessly, and built a plan like I have never seen. I believe they are on their way to founding an amazing and world changing church there.

Nor could I be sadder. This represents a huge change for Freedom Valley and for me, and I am wildly nostalgic even while being very proud and happy. As we left Tulsa yesterday for the long drive home, I couldn't even speak. Nor am I sure if I can speak now.

I raised my children (spiritual and physical) hoping and praying that they would far exceed me in every way. They are. I am very proud of them and happy. But I also have some huge adjusting to do, and find myself pathetically in need of prayer more than ever.

2 comments:

  1. A person is only pathetic if they don't ask for prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy R9:20 AM

    I agree - it's only pathetic when we try to cope with these extreme opposites and DON'T ask for prayer and strength for our Lord!

    ReplyDelete