Saturday, January 30, 2010

doing the groundwork for a great outreach

So I spent all this week in the Dominican Republic preparing for a huge crusade in Padre Las Casas this Fall.

I need two huge things to happen here:

1. I want to make many thousands of disciples of Christ in the DR!
2. I want to learn more about asking God for a nation, planting clusters of churches, and doing events that truly make a difference for eternity.

We spent the week looking for a hotel that could handle a large group (found one in San Juan!), a way to feed crowds of people (found it!) a place to hold a crusade of thousands of people (ballpark in Padre Las Casas) and public transportation options to get people there (started the process).

Could you please pray with me that God will protect the ideas He gave us, and make this thing matter for the eternal souls that it will affect? I am very serious about seeking ways to make a difference and ask God for a nation. My faith may be small, but it got to start somewhere and this seems very clearly where God called me so far.

But that isn't all for this year: 1. In April a team will accompany Johannes Amritzer's team to Nepal to reach thousands there. We are asking God to be able to help Johaness with more than $10,000 toward this incredible outreach, and to see many souls reached and discipled there.

2. This summer our youth will do a missions trip- hopefully to the DR as well to prepare for future events.

3. The Dominican Republic trip will happen in October (exact dates to be announced) and we want YOU to come with us and help! You will learn to cast out devils, heal the sick, and watch the Kingdom grow in Book-of-Acts proportions! This will be the trip of a lifetime I think!

2 comments:

  1. So maybe I should be praying about going on this trip instead of March...or maybe go to both!! :)

    ReplyDelete