Tuesday, January 26, 2010

and what a weekend it was

Over the past week, I prayed with about 7 people to salvation in Jesus. I am a happy Pastor.

Wait. I just read Harold Eberly's book where he blasts church leaders for trying so hard NOT to use Biblical titles because they don't have the guts to call themselves what they are. But though I am certain that I am called/gifted to be an apostle, it does seem odd, even to me. My sensibilities have definitely been trained by my culture. I even wavered writing this.

But don't mess me up now with trivial things like a job description- I am celebrating!

The Freedom Valley Red Lion site had a HUGE record attendance this weekend (largest attendance in years to be in a weekend service there-97!). Red Lion also experienced salvations, a huge offering, and lots of excitement about the presence of God being experienced in the building! Very exciting stuff, according to Pastor Rob Costello.

At the same time, the Hanover site experienced a huge blessing that will really add excelleration to the work there- a huge financial blessing of $19,000. This will make it so much quicker and more effective for that site to move forward in confidence and momentum. Jeff and Leah Dietrich, along with Daniel and Deanna Scotten, are being confirmed by God week after week with great stuff happening. They recently took a gutsy step to move locations- from the permanent building to a temporary one so that more money could go into effective ministry instead of into rent. Fruit is coming, in so many ways, like the youth ministry's attendance doubling! Good stuff.

Our new youth group at York Road- The Edge, is experiencing something out of the ordinary as well with a powerful team of almost entirely volunteer leaders who work incredibly hard to reach kids for Christ. They are now ministering to more than 140 kids per week, and the main leaders of this thing are still in high school themselves. This is not your ordinary youth group.

And while we are on The Edge, I gotta say this; I have never seen a team of people who have done a better job of choosing to keep their egos in check and bless young people to become leaders themselves, take all the credit, and soar! This team is awesome; Luke, Jordan, Charity, Alisa, Jason, Tiffany, so many more. These guys are amazing.

Growth groups are off to a huge start, and already recruting for the next cycle is in full swing and going well.

God is very, very good to me.

1 comment:

  1. This brings a smile to my face! A perfect example of huge blessings coming in after giving so much away recently.

    ReplyDelete