Wednesday, December 17, 2008

strategy wanted

I would like to be the kind of guy that thinks big. Big enough to build actual plans to affect an entire nation with goodness, forgiveness, love, and vision. 

Jesus.

Does that kind of stuff only happen by circumstantial fortune? Or is there a way to strategically make it happen?

There are 4 million people in Tampa alone, I was told today. We found a couple of new and  growing churches. Some of them are doing stupendous jobs, but still only reaching several thousand all together. To reach this city (only one of many in my beloved country), we would need literally hundreds of them if we were content to raise the water level by only 10 degrees!

God has given us a tiny little plan to raise the water level in a tiny little county (Adams) by a degree or two- perhaps even three if we are blessed. That could make a big difference for us. But if we want to reach a nation, somebody needs to think a LOT larger than ANY plans I have heard of.

God, please help me think a little more of your thoughts. Help me do my part on my scale, while I seek and find you on how to do a far larger thing than I even know how to imagine. 

My big brother is 18 years older than me. He talks of retirement, and fights health issues. If I become like him in the next 18 years, I would surely like to make them count in a way that gets a lot of people walking into Heaven for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment