Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas night in the emergency room

So I had a great Christmas...mostly.

Christmas morning we have Candace & Aaron, Jake & Shawna, and Julie's immediate family over for a breakfast feast. Then in the afternoon we went to Grandmas in Millersville. Very nice.

When we got home there was a mound of Christmas goodies that nice people at church gave us. I took a couple of hands full of some kind of candy coated popcorn and nuts thing, and ate it like there was going to be a famine. Like I needed more junk.

About 15 minutes later, I started feeling pressure in my stomach. It got worse, and worse untilI had trouble breathing and functioning at all. I was very tired from doing the three Christmas Eve service, and had wanted to go to bed early. But instead, I paced the floor in the worst agony I have ever been in.

For hours.

Julie prayed over me awhile. Finally, I told her to please to go to bed, while I walked and twisted to get some kind of relief. I tried laying, and sitting, and doing whatever I could think of to get a little relief. Nothing seemed to help. I was crying in excruciating pain. About 3:17am I had enough. I left Julie a note to please sleep on, but I was going to the hospital to find out how a lizard had crawled into my stomach and had a thousand babies.

In the hospital, they told me that I had gallstones, and that I might get more attacks until I one day get tired of it and take out my gallbladder.

So today I am sore from all the tension of being in so much pain. I am also a bit suspicious of food- it may not be my friend anymore. And I am seeking answers about gall stones.

4 comments:

  1. I sorry, Gerry. That is definitely no fun. I will keep you in prayer! =]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

    "how a lizard had crawled into my stomach and had a thousand babies"

    i am really causing a scene. that is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. church deserts are delicious...and aparently deceptive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Wow-had no idea you went through that! I had appendicitis and know how painful that can be! We'll be praying that you'll be healed without the scar. :)

    ReplyDelete