Sunday, December 14, 2008

holding the new baby

Almost 22 years ago, I held my oldest daughter for the first time.

I was completely unprepared for the rush of feelings and powerful ideas that rocked my world as I held her. I couldn't stop looking at her, or finding other people who had to look at her too. And if some unfortunate soul in a rough mood would have looked at her even slightly oddly, I would be in prison for life.

It's not the same, but neither is it unrelated to what I feel this week as I travel to Tampa and spend a little time in the world of our newest church plant, Connection Point.

Don't get me wrong. I had little to do with this church plant. But we helped where we could, and need to celebrate what God did in bringing this new entity into the world. Steve and Tracy Wulf are the church planters, and people I am very proud to work with.

The bottom line is, people will spend eternity in Heaven because of this new church. This is as exciting as when each of my four awesome children were born.

I can't wait to see and hear about what God is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment