Sunday, September 16, 2007

weekend notes

What a packed and fruitful weekend. Candace and Aaron organized a benefit show for their upcoming missions trip to Lesotho and raised $530! This puts them within $100 of what they need to pay for the trip. I am so proud of their way of going about it- sowing seed, asking God for vision, involving people who love them, and believing that God would help them get it done. That is good stuff. In addition to raising money, lots of kids had a great night of good music, expression, and fun.

I think they will represent the Kingdom of God well, and do a lot of good in Lesotho.

The Freedom House has 4 guys in it! Twice this week, Hanover Hospital called us and ask us to pick up a man there who was coming out of detox. I love that! It seems like we are helping to make a real difference in the Hanover area, by helping people get themselves back on track with God, and back in control of their lives. What a privilege to be there for DiShawn, Jeff, Kenny, and William.

Also exciting at the Freedom House, is that Jake Lewis offered himself to help lead it. I am very exited about what he will bring to it. His gentle, serious, kind, and Jesus-like heart will shine there and really help, I think. We really need to cover him in prayer.

Our 4 weekend services went very well, and I think I did a fair job of communicating the heart of God to the people He sent to hear the Word. I see a lot of people eagerly responding and moving toward their Heavenly Father. I think we are making a difference, and honoring God.

When I got done with the four services, Shining Stars was holding their season-ending horse show. I was shocked and awed with how many people were attending that event! There must have been 3-4 hundred people all around that arena. Brandy reported that it seemed like everything that could go wrong did, yet they were able to bless a lot of kids, help some families, and extend the love of Jesus to people with excellence and creativity. That team of people is really incredible.

We really need to get that indoor arena built so that they can do more of what they do so well. So many families and so many handicapped people will benefit so much from their hard, sacrificial work. I need about 1.5 million to get it done and soon! I don't know how, but I think if I get my part done, God will provide a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment