Friday, August 14, 2009

the right question

Last evening Cori Herbert asked me such a wonderful question. It challenged and blessed me, and made me ask myself if I ask God the right questions.

She said; "how can my ministry (Center of the Arts) do more to minister to Freedom Valley"? What a great question!

Recently I have been asking God to help me pray. It is one thing to ramble on to Him- he is such a patient listener. But, access to Him is so incredibly exciting, and has potential that I believe I can use much greater than I have so far.

And so, the new prayer that God put on my heart excites me deep in my soul beyond my ability to explain. The prayer is something like this: God help me develop world class leaders to the point that everyone else wants to hire them! (I will happily bless them in actually taking those job offers too!)

Our newest coaching tool; (Six-by-six, from Bill Hybel's Axiom book) has the potential to finally give me one more nugget toward getting this done. We have just started this simple coaching system, where I am meeting with current and future staff in teams of 6. We meet once every 6 weeks to pray, set goals for the following six weeks, and stir each other up with personal excellence.

I love it! I cannot waith to see this leadership team soar to radical, world class heights!

2 comments:

  1. Gerry is awesome. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:00 PM

    Gerry is an example of true sacrifice for the LOVE of GOD.

    ReplyDelete