Saturday, February 16, 2008

cycle riding this summer

A couple of ideas are emerging to connect with the unbelievable amount of biker traffic that comes by this church every Sunday.

1. I hope to have outside restrooms/showers installed in early Spring. This summer, I hope to then offer bikers free camping. This will help us begin to create a biker culture that connect us with a few of them.

2. I'd like to do a Bike Ride most Sunday afternoons after the 11 am service. Maybe God will send me someone who can help plans these and we can actually get a list of possible rides together for Sunday afternoon rides. Now that i am only preaching three services on the weekend, I think I could handle this and it could be a good way to connect.

3. Pappy Strous is thinking about doing a biker service from time to time, perhaps even monthly.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:19 AM

    I like this one!!!!
    I like this idea a lot. I think it would be a really really great outreach. =]


    -From Luke, not Mom.

    ReplyDelete