Thursday, December 06, 2007

so much to pray about, so little time

Sometimes I feel like prayer is all I do.

I feel like my daughter Shawna, at 2 years old. She had just learned to talk, and like most 2 year olds, chattered on endlessly. One time in the midst of way too much to do and too little time to do it, Julie looked at her intently and said, "Shawna, is there any way you could just STOP talking for a little bit? I really need to think right now.

Shawna looked back at her with big tears welling up with her no-Dad-in-the-world-could-ever- say-no-to those-eyes-look, and said "but Mommy, there just so many words inside that HAVE to come out!"

God puts up with a lot of those days from me, with a steady stream-of-consciousness kind of prayer coming out of my mouth.

Maybe that's why it's so hard for me to update this thing. I either want to update it almost every five minutes, or it's too hard to pick out one or two things to write in this space. I don't have time to update that often, and once a day seems too few.

At least that's my excuse for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment