Wednesday, December 26, 2007

larger thinking

I completely enjoyed Christmas this year. My kids are at such a wonderful, fun age, and we had such a nice time together. Aaron and Jake are such great additions to our family, and we have a lot of fun together. God has been amazingly good to us.

Now I turn my attention to hearing the voice of God for 08, and trying to understand what a man of faith would set himself to do. Many of the things I have been called to are very well set, and not up to reconsideration unless the Holy Spirit makes it clear that it is time to do so.

But I desperately need to grow. If I can wrap my brain around it, so much more is possible. For some reason, I am getting such an inordinant number of missions requests, and they tug at my heart strings morning noon and night. Every one of them have the possibility of being world changing, and eternally relevant, but I am so small and unable to firgure out even why God sends them to a mental midget like me. They simply come in waves.

My only plans are to grow a church, teach people the joy of giving to missions, and pray that I can say yes to more of them. In the meantime, I am asking God to make us careful choosers of the places where He instructs us to go, and where we can make huge, world changing difference for Him.

What a cool job I have. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:06 AM

    It seems as if God is taking us to places that we "thought" we knew about and He is showing us more. I have learned that we cannot lean too heavily on what we know although it is awesome God stuff, but we must keep "pressing toward the mark" in order to fulfill what the Lord has for us to do. Our own purpose and mission.
    We or I have learned about things but now it seems God wants us to go into more detail about the things he has already taught us. Take spiritual warfare. I cut my spiritual teeth in a church where that was a huge focus. So I know what it is, but now God is showing me details, like, spiritual heirarchy, not just the devil and his demons. There is more for us to learn.
    Inner healing for another example, I knew a little bit, like, "hurt people, hurt people". But now the Lord is teaching me about certain kinds of hurts and what they can do to a person and how their perspective can change, how the truth can be twisted. God is showing us that what we once learned is good, but that we need to go deeper into detail with Him and then with others that we minister to. He has built a foundation from His word and now he is building upon that foundation of biblical truth and showing the body of Christ in a more elaborate way what we are to do with the truth that we know. It is exciting and fantastic all at once. I also tremble a little bit at the awesomeness of God and just how big He really is. I guess we need to strap on our seat belts for the ride, for those who are willing, may get a little bumpy. I'm glad you are ready for "larger thinking". Hopefully that is the goal for the entire body of Christ.My best to you and Julie. Linda S.

    ReplyDelete