Wednesday, August 08, 2007

travel... and stuff I love

So here I am in Indianapolis for the General Council of the Assemblies of God. I came because I feel like I should do my part, and because I continue to hold on to the fantasy that God will use this fellowship mightily in the future as He has in the past.

They told us today that in the past couple of decades, we have almost doubled in numbers around the world- to a total of something like 59 million AG people. As bast as we can tell, that means millions more people that will be in Heaven with us for eternity. That's good.

But here in the US. I guess our numbers have not grown much in the past 10 years.

That's what I dream of, and ache for. I ache to reach this culture and see America come to Christ in record numbers. I don't care much who gets it done (AG or otherwise), just that it does get done.

This is great stuff!

So yesterday I left my house about 8am, and drove until about 8pm. Mapquest told me it should be an 8 hour drive, but I did it in 12, mostly because I like meandering through those Pennsylvania hills and enjoying every mountain curve. So the first 200 took a while, and the last two hundred needed me to pull over to answer calls a lot. Not that every reason to get off that seat wasn't welcome after all those hours.

But I'm still looking forward to the ride to Montana later this month.

Upon arriving here, I got some awesome news from Lorrie back in the office. She told me that the things I care about so much- salvations, baptisms, and Holy Spirit baptisms, that we are already seeing more of them this year (in the first 8 months) than we did all last year! I am SO happy about this stuff! Hopefully this means that God is at work among us in an even bigger way than ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment