Saturday, February 18, 2012

my bursting heart

For some reason, God in His graciousness has given us a whole new season of effectiveness lately.

Growth is in the air. Salvations, and all kinds of powerful movement toward God is happening. Tonight again, the altars were filled with people responded to the message about forsaking anger in their lives. This is HUGE, and will open the Heavens on us. I can feel it.

Tonight we introduced Chris Eliot, church planter to North Hanover. He is not really one of our church planters, per se but a partnership of Friendship Community church in Dover, and Hanover Church of God. We just got to introduce him in case some of our people felt called to go with him to help. I hope some do. I spoke to one that is very interested.

A few years ago, I was hoping we could stir up local churches to join us in planting new churches. I offered to help them plant a church, naively thinking it was their desire to do so. Nobody seemed very interested.

But now several are. I am so happy to be joined in the battle to prevail. Still there are ore than 80% of our county who do not attend church, and while we are prevailing (slightly) according to THEARDA.com, there are still just so many precious people to reach.

And God is answering a few of my other cherished prayers. Tonight, Sally Glover offered to help take our outreach ministries to a whole new level, helping us get God's message out to a broader audience. She is an answer to a long prayed prayer for help.

And I was wondering tonight; how hard could it be to call each of my people one by one and tell them what a privilege it is to be their Pastor? Not many people get to do a job they really love. I do, thanks to a really great, visionary, and aggressive faith-filled church that I get to serve. I just feel like taking 10 days and calling each and every one of them to thank them for letting me do this job. Perhaps I would be a nuisance to them, but it would feel good to thank them.

Something really, really good is happening. God help me not get in the way of it with my stupid pride, or poor listening skills, or selfish approaches to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment