Friday, May 28, 2010

God spoke in Oklahoma

Today as I was riding to Tulsa on my motorcycle (thank you Jesus for that wonderful gift! Please bless Tom today for bring a giver. I pray that he will receive back 2 motorcycles, both better than this one), I was listening through the Old Testament. Then I re-listened to some favorites again. Nahum, Micah, Obadiah, Ezra, Nehemiah. Good stuff.

In the second chapter of Nehemiah, shortly after I crossed the Oklahoma line, I was musing to myself what a leader Nehemiah was; strategic, organized, purposeful, and courageous. All stuff I want to grow in.

"Wow God", I said out loud to the wind rushing by my head. "I like these qualities in this leader."

Suddenly, as I was trying to adjust myself in the saddle that I had been in for the past 1100 miles, God spoke right there on the middle of Rt. 44: "Who does that remind you of?"

"Jason Fitch", I said, suddenly hugely aware that God was hanging out with a biker. It was stinkin' hot, but I was getting chills.

"Me too", God said right back. "Same spirit, same calling, and a man through whom I plan to have similar results. He will rebuild the ancient ruins in the heart of my nation. He will be a wall builder, who devises ways to keep the enemy out."

"Generations of families will look back and thank this man for his visionary sacrifice and hard work on their behalf," the Lord went on. "Like the walls of Jerusalem, he will rebuild the framework of the city (country) destroyed because of it's disobedience. Rebuilding the walls will usher in the courage to rebuild the temple, which will rebuild the character of a once great nation.

Like Nehemiah, I have sent him far away from the post he once had. He will lead the leaders to do the work they have always wanted to do, but never found the courage and organization to do it. He will get it done. I sent him with the provision that he needed, and more is being sent. I have sent troops to protect him, and letters with orders to cause others to give whether they want to or not.

Like Nehemiah, he will be opposed, but with wisdom and focus, he will continue in the work he has been called to do, no matter what anyone else says or does. And he will fully accomplish the purposes for which he was sent. Like Nehemiah, he has not even been able to tell people yet, what I have planned to do through him, because they would not be able to take it in.

Also like Nehemiah, I have sent an Ezra (Jake) to work with him. This man will teach the people the things of God, and will purify the people that God has sent. He will also raise up leaders around him who will carry his work and his fame far beyond the actual things that he himself does.

I am rejoicing over these men, because their obedience now means that I can trust them with far greater things later. In them is the heart of a priest who is a king-maker, and an advisor to rulers of the nation of nations".

Jason, your name comes from the same root as the name 'Jesus', or Joshua meaning 'healer', or 'the Lord is salvation'.  This is important for what God said next.

"You have not been named by your father or mother, but by my own mouth", says the Lord. Jesus is seen in you, but will be seen even greater, and many will come to the "Lord our salvation' because of what I have called you to do."

6 comments:

  1. Stacy4:09 PM

    Do you believe that what you heard while traveling was actually the inspired Word of God?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Not on the level of the Bible or anything. But I felt His presence and felt him communicate to me. I am a poor listener sometimes, and struggle some to get the impressions into words that feel like they do justice.

    But I definitely felt spoken to.

    Have you ever had that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy4:57 PM

    Thank you for your reply!

    No, I have never felt God communicate to me, and I do not believe that God speaks to Christians outside of His already-revealed Word in the Bible.

    As 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."

    I believe that God has already given us everything we need to live the Christian life in the Bible, and we do not need to rely on or seek after a "feeling" that we think might be from God.

    Sola Scriptura - Scripture Alone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I like the Martin Luther quote that you used Stacy. It's right on. But throughout scripture we read of God speaking to people. And He is the same yesterday, today and forever!

    Scripture teaches me to test everything and to measure it by The Word. His Word must confirm every other word I get. But He is still speaking to people, like He always has, because it is part of his immutable nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blogs are great.You are truly equipped with Word of GOD, and have armed yourself.

    Stacy, my background involves some of the most laid back Baptist, and They even tell me stories of the LORD speakin to them.(Grandfather).

    I wanna Believe its because they Love the LORD Jesus with everything they have! He ate, slept, and breathe Jesus. NOT SAYING YOU DONT :)

    I had a Buddy one time, who told me, that he wanted to know if GOD was speakin' to him, so as a maturing Christian in his Faith, he tested everything he felt was the LORD, Until he got better at hearing GOD. HE also told me sometimes there is just NO denying it!!

    HAHA! Just an opinion, Maybe I shouldnt have put my 2 cents in. Its All LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gerry you have such a way with words... I'm sorry it took me so long to catch up with your blog, but you have a way of raising up great leaders, which is a reflection of your OWN life in Christ. Love you man!

    ReplyDelete