Friday, April 23, 2010

Certain letters that I get, must be re-read often. This is one of those. It underscores the wonder of the "Life Swap" that happens when a person meets Jesus for the first time.

I have not asked for permission to print this, so some details have been slightly changed and the names blocked out so that I do not reveal someone's too personal stuff. But I treasure letters like this and wanted to share it with someone. God help us get more of these!


hi pastor Gerry 


my name is *************.  u might not recognize me but i have been to freedom valley 2 times with my fiance. I am writing to u about an experience i had about a week ago. Recently my great uncle passed away, god bless his soul, and i attended his funeral. His name is *********. but my other uncle is a preacher where the funeral was held. Now i have only been to church 3 times in my life, 1 time when i was a child for easter candy and 2 times at freedom valley. 


i am as u said a few weeks ago, a watcher. i am giving it a shot and just come to listen right now to see what it is all about. But anyways back to my happening. i was sitting in the funeral service and towards the end the pastor was talking about how life can end in a flash and where u put yourself to be in heaven or hell. he had everybody bow their heads and he said a prayor. toward the end of the prayor he asked for the ones who wanted to change the ways they r and face the sight of being a sinner and come forward to be saved and join the quest toward heaven when time comes. 


he asked for those people to raise their head... so as i was listening i decided to be curious and give it a shot and see what it is all about. i lived a very regretful life, trouble with law, drugs, just all the bad stuff i hate myself for mainly because i let all the ones i love and care about the most down. so i raised my head and looked at the pastor and then looked around, i was the only 1 with my head up. 


i then looked back at the pastor and went into almost what seemed to be a tunnel vision, everything around the pastor was a blur except him and he had a light glow around him. so i looked at the window and around to focus on something else... i couldnt focus on anything it was all blurry. so i rubbed my eyes and looked around again... nothing but blur. i then looked back at the preacher and he was still glowing... every move he made it follow and as he looked at me finishing the prayor the glow grew brighter and made me feel warmer. to be honest it freaked me out a lil but i just cant picture or explain what it could have been. 


so i talked to the 1 guy i work with he is going to school and classes to be a preacher, but i told him and he explained it as the bible says "that the scales have been wiped for my eyes" he was saying it is a way i was saved to be accept by god. now today as lindsae and i went to the storyu there is a bilboard by our house with a picture of jesus that reads "he lived to die"... before this happening it looked like an oil painting... today it looked like he was actually popping out like 3-d.I am letting u kno all this to see what your reaction is and what u think the situation is. the guy i work with was so excited and blessed that he started jumping up and down and praying. and whatever your reaction i will accept but i am just trying to be heard and find out what it is. Thank u for listening and hope to see u at church soon

Sincerely


******.

No comments:

Post a Comment