Saturday, April 18, 2009

change happens

Lots of things are changing right now. 

Politics, economy, maybe even your health. We all have to adjust to and adapt to change.

This weekend we kicked off a new teaching series to share what we are learning as we search the Word of God for clues on how to handle change. Cause change happens to us all, but not everyone handles it well.

I am very excited about this, because I think it will help a lot of people. Like me- I hope it helps me. I often mourn change and resist it, where I think I should celebrate it, grow through it, ad adapt more quickly.

Today we look at two guys who were coached through change by Jesus himself. They struggled to adapt to all that was going on, and how much of their thinking had to change for them to survive it.

Jesus had them re-tell their story. Then he helped them simplify it. It was not as complex as they thought when they heard themselves re-tell it to someone they thought didn't know the details they lived through.

Simplifying helps.

Then he helped them see the upside of the changes they were facing. As they began to see it, enormous energy surged into their tired bodies. Where they were dragging, they suddenly had plenty of energy to get a lot of things done that seemed impossible before!

Adapting to change is like that. Get God's heart on it, find the upside, and energy flows again.

1 comment:

  1. This sermon really helped us to accept the change happening in our lives! God is moving greatly in our area!

    ReplyDelete