Thursday, November 12, 2009

my children make me cry...a lot. Read below...

From my way-to-wonderful daughter Shawna on my birthday! (she actually calls it 'birfday').

What is mean is, my children conspired together to write me a ton of nice things about me on my birthday today! So all day I walk around crying my eyes out.... They deliberately make me cry!

----------------------------------------------
Dear Jesus,

Thank you for giving me such a great father. Seeing too many of my friends suffer through rough relationships with their dads, I know how rare and special it is to have a dad that shows his love for me, and likes to see me run toward exciting things.

Thank you for his eagerness to help me. So many times I've curled up on the couch near him, just hoping he would say kind things about me- lift me up, encourage me, prophecy a little- and he does. Or when I lock my keys in the car, need a chocolate, or have a question.. he is quick to drop everything and help me.

I've made a lot of mistakes. Some that must've hurt my dad, or maybe disappointed him. He acts like they never happened. He reminds me of You in so many ways.

Please help my dad get even closer to You. There are so many things out there that could improve his mind or body, but help him to focus on the importance of Your relationship with him before all else. There are so many things out there that could grant him more riches or popularity, but help him to keep his eyes on You.

He has had to stick up for You so many times... help him to not lose that. Help him to remember that his boldness is a good thing, and a blessing to the people around him. Keep reminding him that You are all he needs, and all he should want. Remind him that I'm behind him, rooting for him, eager to see him succeed in all he does, and gain more responsibility and leadership.

Help me to show him my love and encouragement, as he runs toward exciting things.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment