Thursday, May 07, 2009

Jason Fitch is ordained!

Last night at Ministries Summit, I got to lay hands on Jason Fitch as he was ordained to the ministry.

So many things raced through my brain.

Like when we fasted and prayed for his salvation. And how serious he was when he gave his heart to Jesus.  He never seemed to look back, or give God less than his whole self. For example, when  I talked to him about getting trained for the ministry, he wanted a great education, not a get-by solution.

I love that I never have to wonder if he is sugar-coating the truth. Or wonder if he will keep his word. Or persuade him to grow by reading, learning, or getting counsel. I am never discouraged about what he is now, because I know he is on his way to becomin so much more.

I love that I never had to wonder if his marriage would make it, or if he would quit when the going got tough. I never wondered if he would take care of his health, physical or spiritual.

As I prayed over him last night, I got a vision of him standing in Tulsa. (He was bigger than life, as if he was standing on a giant map of the United States). He arms were stretched wide, and the nation was pressing in to come to him and receive from the Spirit of God upon Him. People who could not get close enough, were straining to hear whatever he said, and were doing what he suggested they do. His outstretched arms were like a funnel, drawing people into eternal life. Millions were pressing in. I felt such God-power coming from him and from Sara.

I feel deeply privileged to have been part of this "making-of-a-man-of-God". 

God showed me a lot more, which I hope to write in future blogs


3 comments:

  1. you are way too kind and you're such a dear friend and mentor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason & Sara,
    May God bless you, keep you, and give you peace! We will be praying for you and your family. What great news for you and many others. What satelite channel will you be on?!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy Raber10:04 AM

    What an awesome vision of two powerful people of God.... may all this AND MORE be in their future!!!

    ReplyDelete