Friday, July 11, 2008

Bike week in Gettysburg

Thousands and thousands of bikes are in Gettysburg every year for Bike Week. I hear that every hotel and campground is sold out months in advance. One biker told me tonight that they were told that nothing is available for many, many miles around.

That is why I put out the little signs "Free Camping for Bikers". And so far, 5 bikers showed up! They (the ones who showed up) said that many more did not come because they called and we told them "no alcoholic beverages".

All of these bikers told me that they heard about us from Battlefield Harley Davidson, which was nice. They were very happy to have a place to put up a tent and get some sleep.

It's an honor to host them. We have space and it seems like a no-brainer to offer it. Now, I wonder how I can use it for God somehow?

No comments:

Post a Comment