Wednesday, October 04, 2006

sad Amish families

Yesterday i learned that my good friend, Sam Zook lost two nieces in that schoolhouse murder incident among the Amish. I can hardly think about anything else. If I lost my daughters to something like that...

Last week I felt led to offer my motorcycle to God as a sacrifice for missions. I also felt that the Holy Spirit said I should not do this privately, but publicly declare and demonstrate God's supernatural provision in it, so that i can become a much better missions giver. I am very excited about this and looking forward to what God will do. I am asking God to use me to give more than $50,000 to missions in the next few years instead of living a more comfortable life myself. I am eager to watch God work and make that all possible.

Pray with my daughters as they decide what to do with their lives. God is really challenging them to great things these days, perhaps even world missions. What an honor to have a call like that on their lives!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:22 AM

    I pray God's healing on your friend and all the families affected by this tragedy, and I pray God's BLESSINGS on all these weighty decisions in your personal family! One thing's for sure - he's going to use you and your children in ways that will make this world a better place for all of us!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete